Monday, February 15, 2010

Friends and family

Today in Italian Steps, I learned some vocabularies related to friends and family. This time after checking out the key words, I didn't look at the English translation when going through the slideshow. I tried my best to guess the meaning of the sentence by using the limited vocabularies that I have...but it is very difficult to do so, therefore finally I have to rely on the English translation again...

Here are the vocabularies that I learned:


The grammar for today is about how to say 'my':
mio - masculine e.g. mio fratello (my brother)
mia - feminine e.g. mia sorella (my sister)

If you're not talking about an immediate member of your family, add 'il' or 'la' in front of 'mio' or 'mia'
e.g. Ecco il mio passaporto (Here is my passport)
       Ecco la mia casa (Here is my house)

Lastly, I also tried to do some translation by myself from English to Italian...but it seems that there's something wrong with my translation. I need to practice more!!




I learned another way to introduce myself in Italian:
Mi chiamo Jenifer. (My name is Jenifer)
Piacere. (Pleased to meet you.)

1 comment:

  1. this is the strange thing about mi vida loca...today i am ordering tapas in restaurant...

    ReplyDelete