The grammar for today is how to say what you do and where you work.
Sono dottore (I'm a doctor.)
But for the others, I really don't understand. For example, when to use lavoro, lavora and lavori (all are verbs meaning 'to work'). I still couldn't do well in the translation exercise. I'll try to find more information on that from other sources.
Besides learning vocabularies and grammar from Italian Steps, I also learned some cultures of Italian. I read something interesting from the factfile:
New rules are being introduced to determine business hours. They're usually 8.30am to 12.45pm and 3pm to 6.30pm, with many businesses open on Saturday morning, though this can vary from region to region. Businesses often operate summer timetables, opening from 7am - 1pm, and closing for the rest of the day.
(quoted from http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/italian/lj/cultural_notes/work.shtml)Life is good in Italy, isn't it?
I have been following Italian Steps for many days already, and that makes me feel a bit bored, so I explored other activities from the BBC Italian site, and I found Italianissimo (http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/italian/issimo/greetings/), which is a TV series cut into 20 clips. The clip that I watched today is about greetings.
At the moment, I could only hear phrases like ciao, buongiorno, buonasera and arrivederci. I could also hear something about asking people for names, but I couldn't catch exactly how they do so...I will continue to work hard tomorrow...

i think both you and kitty are very demanding of yourself in your learning! that's something very positive! do we all want to achieve something fairly quickly?
ReplyDelete