This is the blog entry for 11 Feb.
I have revised the vocabularies that I learned in the last few days on the way to school, and again did a mental dictation as well. This time I have mixed up the words 'Scusi' (excuse me), and 'Scusa' (sorry) because of their similar spellings.
Before having dinner in Mong Kok at night, I saw a restaurant with an Italian name in Langham Place, and I decided to check the meaning of the words:
da = from
dolce = sweet, dessert
gelato = ice-cream
As the name suggests, this is a restaurant which specializes in Italian dessert and ice-cream.
When I got home, I continued with the BBC Italian Steps, and started 'Sightseeing'. It is so interesting that the recording is about sightseeing in Verona, the city where the Romeo and Juliet play was based on.
Here are the vocabularies that I learned today:
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jen,
ReplyDelete'dolce' reminds me that almost all piano players know some Italian!!!
Piano = quiet
Forte = loud
Vivace =very fast
Largo = very slow
Haha, I have forgotten many of them already as I seldom play the Piano now. = ="
yes!!! kitty, a lot of italian in music! i remember hating largo when playing the piano...
ReplyDeleteactually, jenifer you are right, there are so many italian words on the street...you have know 'dolce' though...the sign made it looks like 'dalce'!
I know it's 'dolce' because I came across this word when I played the piano as well, haha..
ReplyDeleteit seems that our first encounter with Italian was through playing the piano......