Ciao!! (Hi!!)
I am so excited to start learning Italian!!
The reason that I choose to learn Italian is that I have been always fond of Italian culture, especially Italian cuisine!! But every time when I dine in an Italian restaurant, most of the time I couldn't read the menu, except some common words like 'pasta', 'spaghetti', 'pizza'...
My target:
1. to learn the alphabets
2. to be able to have simple conversations(e.g. Hello, How are you, Thank you etc.)
3. to be able to read the menu in restaurants
4. to be able to recognize some Italian brand names
To get started, I have been searching for materials on the internet in the past few days, and I really like the BBC - Italian website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/italian/). This site basically includes everything that I need. I am going to follow 'Italian Steps' as my main learning material, which is an online course for beginners.
Besides using the BBC - Italian website, I will also look for other supplementary materials that I need, like the alphabets, the numbers, how to say the time etc.
Buon divertimento! (Have a good time!)
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha...i just came from an Italian restaurant...Sole Mio in Soho...so disappointing...not very good food...I wonder whether there is a BBC Spanish website...
ReplyDeleteHi Alice,
ReplyDeleteyes, there is a BBC Spanish website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/
i think the BBC language websites are very informative and include a lot of the daily usages of the language...this is really useful for self-learners like us!!
by the way...is that you in the photo?? that girl is so cute!!